Monday, February 13, 2012

Cyberbullying of people in my community

I reluctantly write this post to bring awareness to a problem that's been growing within the confines of support groups like JQY (Jewish Queer Youth) and other places that support LGBT Jews.

An email user who identifies by the name "hashem echad" ha.she_mechad@yahoo.com and hashem_echad@yahoo.com has been sending hateful, threatening and disturbing email content to myself and many other people that I know including minors under the age of 18.

This type of harassment is particularly disturbing to me because it threatens the safety net of support that so many people derive from the work that we do online.

Our next step is to contact authorities, but before doing so we'd like to hear from everyone that has had contact with this individual so that it can be taken care of quickly and easily.

I, along with the people I work with to create a more supportive and welcoming environment for LGBT people have a zero tolerance for this kind of bullying being masked by the anonymity of the internet. This person is causing real harm and tension to many people who are looking for support and love, cyberbullying won't be tolerated and we will do everything we can to stop this individual from continuing these disgusting actions.

This picture is a screenshot of the first message that I got from this individual, there are hundreds more where it came from:

If you have anymore information regarding this individual, including emails that he sent you, please forward them to chaim89@gmail.com

Thank you,

Chaim Levin
gottagivemhope

5 comments:

  1. Could that be Tex/Mex from the facebook forum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think his name is 'Heshy'

    ReplyDelete
  3. He spammed me as well. I started sending him abusive emails in reply, but the last one I sent bounced, so presumably that account no longer exists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a lot to me like Yitz Ritz (aka Tex/Mex) who pops onto the Orthodox Jews against Racism and Discrimination facebook group from time to time to spout homophobia and attack those who are opposed to homophobia. He is convinced that homosexuality is a mental illness and that so called "reparative therapy" is the "cure."

      Delete
  4. I'm sending you what this looser has sent. I reported it to yahoo, but they seem like they don't care about CYBER BULLYING!
    Rich D.
    Richdweck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post any comment or questions. Negative commentary that does not serve a useful purpose will be deleted.