Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Ideal News Headline (because I'm very idealistic)

So, this is the kind of headline I've dreamed about having over the past few months, combined with all this "meshugas" (craziness) that's been going on surrounding my story and my article in the Jewish Press I feel like this would be appropriate:

"22 Year old, formerly "exgay" (now gay), Jewish kid from the orthodox community in Brooklyn tackles homophobia by storm"

Put a fabulous people of me and some other "gay activists" (as the homophobic "community" so eloquently refer to us. Note the quotes, they put them there, not me, I'm perfectly fine being called a gay activist) right near the headline, maybe one that highlights my dimples, and let it run all over the world. I think it's about time that people know about the Jewish people in the gay community, and the people that come from similar places like myself (very conservative, orthodox, isolated background), are finally emerging with powerful message of hope for all Jewish gay people everywhere: "You're not alone, you're perfect just the way you are, and there are people out there that won't stop fighting for you and your right to be treated like a human being, EVEN if you're part of the orthodox Jewish community". The more we talk about i,t the more of a chance we have at reaching the ones that feel like they have no hope, the ones that read the Jewish Press every week hoping to see some mention about being gay in the frum (religious/orthodox community)

Best always,

Chaim Levin (Jewish boy from Brooklyn fighting homophobia).



1 comment:

  1. looking out for the fabulous picture that highlights your dimples next to the headline...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post any comment or questions. Negative commentary that does not serve a useful purpose will be deleted.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.