Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rabbi calls Jewish Gay Youth the enemy of the Jewish people - Compares homosexuality to cancer that needs to be cured with "chemicals"

Today the Jewish press released more letters to the editor regarding my recent article in the Jewish Press.

The letters here are a mix of both positive but the one that stood out to me most was the one from "Rabbi" Yehuda Levin, the infamous so called "Rabbi" that has made some of the most abhorrent, offensive, inhumane and insensitive statements about gay people, and gay people in the Jewish Community. On a side note, so that it's clear, I'm not related to this man in any way, I'm ashamed to share the same last name of someone that's so shamelessly hateful and irresponsible with his words.

Rabbi Levin, have you not heard any of our words? Have you not realized how the condemnation of so many young innocent people, comparing them to the likes of "amalek" (the Jewish enemy), only contributes to people feeling rejected, unwanted, and closer to suicide? Every single day I bang my head in the wall to try and understand how anyone could dare give you any respect and consider you a Rabbi when your lack of basic humane decency and compassion is so apparent.

“Evidence Of An Agenda
Chaim Levin’s recent article and appearances on video and Jewish radio provide ample evidence of an agenda far more wide-ranging than merely opposing bullying and reparative therapy.
It’s an exact duplication of the militant homosexual activist playbook: Desensitize society through constant discussion of homosexuality, urges, etc. Create feelings of guilt in others by exaggerated, unsubstantiated claims of Jewish homosexual suicides due to “bullying,” discrimination, etc. Gain public sympathy by using the media, and then solidify gains by forming organizations like Jewish Queer Youth.
Rashi (Devarim 25:18) describes Hashem’s eternal enemy, Amalek, as practitioners of homosexuality. Rambam rules that one who is tempted to sin disguise himself, sin secretly and act the hypocrite in public so as not to desensitize society to sin. Urging youth to join in a group that identifies itself with Amalek-type behavior reinforces negative self-identification and more often than not results in sinful misbehavior.

Imagine a Jewish adulterers’ Shabbaton, an “intimacy for the under-aged” shul or an adult incest organization forming a minyan. How about articles by and organizations of mamzeirim who demand sympathy and change because Jews are halachically forbidden to marry them? These are all spiritual oxymorons and would constitute a fifth column in the Torah community.

I have tremendous sympathy for those challenged by temptations and unkosher desires. As you do with cancer, you never stop trying to find a better treatment to cure yourself. If all therapies fail, as a last resort you use chemicals to stop the urge to act in a forbidden manner. (This resolution is ordered by European courts for offenders and it works.) Unpleasant, surely; but better than committing adultery, homosexuality or incest. Rabbi Yehuda Levin Brooklyn, NY”

Really Rabbi Levin? You’re gonna really and try and play the “gay agenda” card on me because I dared to go public and decry your hatred, intolerance and demands that people like me suffer in abusive practices to change ourselves? Do you really think that people don’t see past your exterior features that make you look like like rabbi? How can anyone objectively adhere to any point that you make when you spread such a heartless cold messaage that is flat out a chillul hashem (casting god in a bad light), anti Jewish, anti deccency, and completely unrational. I hope that every single person reading this letter realizes that just because you have the ability to draw a lot of attention to your hateful videos doesn’t mean that most people take you seriously; even myself, and I consider myself a more “secular” person, don’t think you represent the views of god or the Jewish people, and almost every person I know has condemed you both in public and in private made to me and many people that I know. Many people have told me that I shouldn’t even bother responding to you, that giving you attention is only adding to the fuel of your negative message, but I can’t live in silent any longer as you directly attack me and the millions of other people like me.

In case you didn’t hear it (even though I’ve said it more times than I can count at this point, in public), I was sexually abused under the AUSPICES of JONAH. I know some people are saying that I’ve been over exaggerating my experience and that I’m the only one making these claims which makes it look like I’m lying, but no matter what anyone says about me or my claims, it’s true, this did happen to me and to many others others. It’s clear as glass that this experience was sexual abuse at it’s best; being that Alan Downing used his position at the time to manipulate me into comiting those unspeakable acts, it was also abuse of authority, do you not see that? this happened to me under an organization that you promote. It doesn’t really surprise me (but somehow still does), that nor you or any of the people responsible for the “Torah Declaration” have completely ignored my claims by simply saying that you feel “sympathy” for my “negative and unsuccessful efforts at changing”. How can you continue ignoring something that’s so real and so obvious? What will it take for the signers of this declaration to understand the dangers involved when a life coach forces his client to undress and touch himself for the sake of “change”, to realize that they have blood on their hands, and are committing the cardinal sin of “vilifnei iver (not placing a stumbling block in frontof a blind man”) by endorsing an organization that offers false hopes to helpless youth and subjects people to this sort of “treatment” by it’s counselors.

“As you do with cancer, you never stop trying to find a better treatment to cure yourself. If all therapies fail, as a last resort you use chemicals to stop the urge to act in a forbidden manner”

Do you really not see anything wrong with this statement? What kind of chemicals are you even talking about? Based on your comparission of homosexuality to cancer I think it’s safe to say the chemicals you refer are to be compared to like chemicals used on cancer patients (chemotherapy). So aside from wanting to subject Innocent people to the dangerous therapy and sexual abuse that takes place at JONAH, you’re actually implying that we take chemicals as lethal as chemotherapy “to stop the urge to act in a forbidden manner”? As I’ve stated so many times, this dialogue isn’t about actions, this is about identity, yes ,real gay identity that is true for me and thousands of other Jewish people out there. The more you make such statements you are only alienating your own people, frum people, that see right through the name “Rabbi” and right into your hateful and intolerant “agenda”.

I hope you take a look in the mirror and realize soon enough that you owe a serious apology to the thousands of people that you hurt because of your message of hatred, a message of hatred so strong that it’s the equivalent to the evil of the messages being spread the Westboro Baptist Church that carry around banners saying “Jews Killed Jesus”. And for all the people who felt so rejected by your words, that felt so hopeless because of your words to the point where they took their own lives, I don’t know how you can ever undo the damage you did to them, but I wish you luck in trying.


  1. Yasher koach, again, Chaim!

  2. Chaim,

    You can do better than fall for Levin. He is the Jewish Fred Phelps. He speaks for himself, basically, and clearly has some major bugs up his GI tract.

    Like Phelps, he is a free gift to our cause. He makes our enemies look bad and makes people sympathize with us.

    Better to work with our friends, try to convince the undecided, and give Levin lots of rope. Don't let him rile you-- enjoy him for what he is.

    If I were a better person I'd feel sorry for him.

    Barry Youngerman

  3. The chemical treatment Yucky Levin refers to is chemical castration. This is a darker and more offensive thought than your response suggests. Rabbi Levin once again equates a desire for a consenting adult relationship with an actual abuser-victim dynamic, which is beyond the pale.

  4. Glad you took on Rabbi Levin. Anyone who is naive enough to think we should ignore extremists like this clown has no common sense or grasp of history.

    We ignore extremists like Rabbi Levin at our own peril.

  5. zise zise bruder...ikh hob dikh lib bizm ek shamayim.

  6. You will surely know you have created God in your OWN imagine when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.


Feel free to post any comment or questions. Negative commentary that does not serve a useful purpose will be deleted.