Sunday, February 5, 2012

This is for those you who aren't here to read this know, those of you that couldn't sustain the pain of bullying anymore, I will remember you forever

Dear,

Asher Brown, Seth Walsh, Caleb Nolt, Billy Lucas, Harrison Chase Brown, Cody J. Barker, Felix Sacco, Raymond Chase, Alec Henrikson,Tyler Clementi, Zach Harrington, Jamey Rodemeyer, Phillip Parker, Bobby Griffith, Eric James, and every other victim of suicide that was a result of bullying.




The reason I'm here today, the reason I'm writing this, is for you. I know that you'll never get to read this, and no matter what I write now I know it won't bring you back, but I want you to know that your unbearable pain, the endless rejection and torment that you lived through, all that resulted in the harrowing and tragic loss of your innocent lives. Your beautiful souls, abilities, light, and warmth that you brought to this world won't ever be forgotten, and I promise you that there are heroes out there like Harvey Milk, Dan Savage, Lady Gaga and thousands of others who dedicated our lives to make sure that you didn't die in vain,and to make sure that the next gay teenager after you, wherever he or she may be, knows that they are not alone and they are ok as they are. By inspiration of those great people, and by the way your stories touched my heart so deeply, I'm committed to making this world a better place for the next generation, where no one feels the pain you endured and the endless suffering that you experienced.


Today the world knows that the way you were treated was unacceptable, today people are listening, and we are only going to continue the dialogue so that this vital message is loud and clear.

I wish you were here to read this but I hope to remember you all well by writing about you and how you inspired me.

With love and support to anyone out there that might feel like they're alone,

Chaim Levin



2 comments:

  1. Chaim,

    I'm enjoying your blog, and certainly enjoying your perspective, too. But, you might want to correct the headline to your powerful posting on the kids who committed suicide. You wrote, "This is for those you who aren't here to read this know, those of you that couldn't sustain the pain of bullying anymore, I will remember you forever". Perhaps it should read, "This is for those OF you who aren't here to read this NOW, those of you that couldn't sustain the pain of bullying anymore[.] I will remember you forever." Keep writing! Cheers, David

    ReplyDelete
  2. chaim, you are a brave a blessed soul. tzadikkim come in all forms. you are doing a great chessed.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post any comment or questions. Negative commentary that does not serve a useful purpose will be deleted.