Monday, September 29, 2014

Personal Statement

Dear friends and everyone else,

As many of you know, I got married a little over six months ago. The decision to get married was not one that I made overnight, but still, in hindsight it was a decision that I was too young and immature to make.

Out of respect to my community and soon to be ex husband, I do not intend to get into much detail over why our relationship didn’t work out, and why just two months after we got married we already separated. While I wish I could’ve done things differently, I have no regrets and am taking my past mistakes and turning them into valuable life lessons for the future.

I am spending more time focusing on trying to rebuild ties with my family as well as getting ready for my return to college this January.

I thank all of you for your support during these trying few years of my life. I’ve gotten support from some of the most unexpected places and this support has been a lifeline to me. I hope to continue paying it forward by emphasizing the importance of supporting other people during hard times.  

These last five years in the public eye have been a journey that many of you have been on together with me and I am forever indebted to the people who have had my back during the good times and the bad ones too.

Chaim Levin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any comment or questions. Negative commentary that does not serve a useful purpose will be deleted.